Tuesday, February 5, 2013

It's so hard to say goodbye...

Leaning Sideways! Yeeeeeeeeeeee! Yes, he got that Mexican swagger.

Who knew I would have such a hard time saying goodbye to Baby Sophie as I head back to work. I leave in the wee hour of 5:40am and try to tip toe throughout the house trying not to wake him. I have essentially become a ninja. He sometimes wakes up and Boo Thang feeds him and I can see him in the corner of my eye watching me get dressed and walk out the  door, he knows something is up. I did not anticipate the amount of anxiety I have experienced leaving him home for almost 12 hours daily. I don't know how single working moms managed to do this so god bless you all because I have help from an awesome mother in law and  my Boo Thang and I am still managing to have some separation anxiety. When I come home exhausted from the day and commute I pretty much start prepping for our bedtime ritual, feeding, bathing, play time, and more feeding right before bed. The only time I get to spend lately with Baby Sophie is on the weekend and that is also becoming a juggling act of errands you can't possibly get done during the week, laundry, cleaning, groceries and other annoying household chores. I have day dreams of leaving work and just saying "F* it" I am staying home. How do we decide to chose career (ball and chain of my life) and what I actually want to do, spend time with my Baby Sophie and eat bon bons all day and watch the Wendy Williams Show (I love her). But seriously how do we achieve a stress less life enjoying activities we love? I am sure we would all jump at the chance if we could figure out a way to do so. Maybe I will come up with the best next thing or some random online business where I sell bootleg sports apparel and shirts with random phrases that include: FBI (Federal Booty Inspector) or I'm with Stupid (with an arrow pointed at their spouse) or even take pictures of everything I eat and post it on some god forbidden site not only promoting my glutenous lifestyle but annoying the hell out of my friends by shoving my food taste in every one's face forcing them to "Like it".  I hope I can figure this out soon because these moments I will never get back with Baby Sophie and hopefully one day he will become Man Sophie and while I live everyday and only die once, when that one day will be is unknown.

2 comments:

  1. Asking questions are in fact good thing if you are not understanding anything totally, however this
    article provides nice understanding even.

    my site: http://www.numbatconspiracy.com/moodle/blog/index.php?postid=3268

    ReplyDelete
  2. The problem is never really knowing but choosing to go with what feels right to you at the time. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete