Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Serenity Now!







I have yet again decided to leave my job. I placed in my notice and again somehow got convinced to extend it a month longer. I can't stop being the nice guy, it is really hard to do when your boss is so freaking nice and wants your help. Fudge, I really need to work on being more of an assertive anus. Those guys really know how to get things done and usually have the best parking spots and win at life. In celebration of my impending departure from work Boo Thang and I decided to spend some time together as a family and take Baby Sophie to his first day at the beach (I know we live pretty close and have never taken him, we are assholes). Baby Sophie enjoyed it so much he decided to eat the beach as well, but I don't think he liked the taste of it, mostly because there was probably seagull poop blended in. As we walked along the pier in Santa Cruz we realized we don't have to many moments where we don't feel rushed or need to have to complete some task on our To Do List. These rare moments are often times over shadowed by our own need to do more and achieve more. Why the need to do more or look for more? (Not to be confused w/ wanting to save the world or be the best damn mommy around) This overwhelming pressure to over achieve really has me wanting to give up totally because the idea of doing so much is just exhausting. I can't be a "fashionista' (fuck that word), the best cook, best worker, best wife, best mother all at once. I have to stop living with this idea we can have it all because frankly you selfish jerk you cannot. There has to be a compromise and allow ourselves to fail. And sometimes failure can be a relief that we don't have to take yet another damn project. I really enjoyed this moment of calm and sun shining on my face and thought for just a moment life is so good when allowing yourself to do nothing and letting bird poop get all over you without feeling the need clean it up straight away. Life is good my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment