Thursday, April 10, 2014

Life.

Winter is done and spring has come. Life decisions are a constant and choosing the right detergent and shoe polish free bread is all so daunting while in the aisle at Target. My brain weighs the pros and cons and I say "Fuck it, A little shoe polish never hurt anyone right?". I recently joined Instagram and my whole world has been turned upside down by this massive need of self exploitation or just showing off stuff in different hues. I am also guilty of it, mostly of posting Baby Sophie and less booty shots that seem to be all the rage. When did we all suddenly grow an extra super human butt and what is with the obsession with the need to always show it? We might as well walk around backwards as it seems that is what we are really trying to make the first impression with, "Hi this is my ass her name is Lola nice to make your acquaintance". I think I am just bitter since even after birth I seem to be shaped like a 13 year old boy. I guess being on social media does help me keep up with the world otherwise I am out there in the world enjoying life and fresh air and really who has time for that. I have recently been debating to leave work again and instead got a promotion that required more work, YAY for me! I keep trying to screw up but yet keep getting handed more responsibilities. I will continue my attempt at incompetence and in the meantime find what it is I am supposed to do with the rest of my life. I tried cooking, writing, dancing and nothing seems to stick if I am not immediately successful. I guess I am just searching for instant gratification because I can't be bothered to work at being good at something, it takes to much effort. This whole self reflection thing is really getting on my nerves, fuck you conscious! I will continue to enjoy spring, Boo Thang and Baby Sophie and avoid eye contact with strangers and also work on figuring out what makes me happy but keeping in mind BILLS, BILLS, BILLS. Beyonce can you pay mine?

 (Also RIP Ultimate Warrior. I will forever miss your flamboyant neon briefs and semi Native American face paint.)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment