Wednesday, February 19, 2014

BAMA!

So Boo Thang has decided to keep the momentum going and has asked me out again. I got the call back. He surprised me with a dinner date at home. Baby Sophie was invited this time and wore his Sunday's best, bow tie and all.  I was greeted with dinner in our backyard. Table set with beautiful DYI napkins, (baby's burp cloth- I have a feeling Boo Thang thinks they are one in the same) orange roses, printed menu's with typos and balloons.  This was a wonderful surprise to have such a great moment with the Boo Thang, screaming Baby Sophie and all.  I enjoyed the attention to detail and while the meal was definitely store bought and warmed up at home pretending to be home made I still enjoyed every bite.  Thanks Boo Thang you complete me. On another note Baby Sophie has been quite the rebel lately and also great at playing both sides.  He decided he was not going to waste his time calling out for each of us separately but combine our names in one, BAMA (Baba and Mama).  Now a days all I hear is BAMA this and BAMA that, BAMA! He does not like to be ignored and when this occurs he runs to my beautifully painted bright green chest of drawers and bites, kicks, scratches and pulls the drawers out as he looks at me to challenge him. He also get a kick out of dropping to the floor and planking himself accross it. I have a wonderful time chasing him around the living room getting him to stop as he laughs and taunts me (Damn you Baby Sophie, Damn You!) I have no doubt in my mind he knows how proud I am of my chest of drawers that a personally painted and goes after the one thing I love. Boo Thang seems to be Baby Sophie's favorite person at the moment and shuns me every opportunity he gets, dismisses me with a sway of his hands. I plan on getting him back. I am waiting till he comes asking me for milk or Teta (Mexican slang for bottle and depending on what part of Latin America your family is from varies, Tete, Teta, etc.). Get ready Baby Sophie because it is on. Game time sucka emcee.
 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment