Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Boo Thang is home

So my Boo Thang went out of town this passed week for work and I must say I really missed him. I was determined to stay busy and hung out with some friends and finished some home projects. Checked out a cafe I have been wanting to try but Boo Thang refuses to go since the lines are always so long. Tina T and I met up at Chloe's Cafe in Noe Valley. Chloe's was pretty good but Tina T and I are convinced we can do better at home - we kind of like to think of ourselves as domestic goddesses. Zakarious even came out to chill later that night. We talked about our awkward teenage years and how I use to dress like a boy and Tina T was a Fema-Nazi (A cross between a Nazi and Feminist who will destroy all misogynistic men and ideas with her bare hands). We even took our turns crying throughout the night. It's funny when really close friends get together we laugh, cry, argue, and eventually end the night feeling a closer bond. The next morning I decided I was going to get some fabric paint to spice up my chair cushions in the dinning room. After a long debate with myself in the aisle at the local art store I decided on painting yellow octagons on the cushions. They ended up looking more like circles and pretty much disappeared in dim lighting ( I knew I should have gone with green). I made myself dinner for one, a pasta with fresh garlic with tomato and basil.  I like my pasta simple and Boo Thang always has to have meat so this was my chance to do what I liked without compromise (I argued with myself about whether to put meat just for the sake of it). I also thought one of the highlights would be getting to sleep in the middle of the bed but I was convinced I heard noises in the living  room and barley slept. The weekend was pretty eventful filled with tears, fears, and anxiety about work on Monday. I was relieved to pick up my Boo Thang from the airport the next day. I felt like a giddy school girl swooning over the likes of Justin Bieber (Canadian teen celebrity who has no real talent other than making young girls swoon with his pubescent soulless voice). I missed my Boo Thang and when he reads this he will finally notice I decided to destroy our perfectly fine dinning room cushions with defacing them with jagged circles. Glad to have you home Boo Thang because home is whenever I'm with you . 

No comments:

Post a Comment