Thursday, October 27, 2011

Just.

When my Boo Thang's wants to end a conversation with me he simply responds by saying "Just". I can ask him about anything, this can include what he thinks about the polices excessive force at the Occupy Oakland demonstration or how he feels about how detached our society has become to issues of poverty, violence against women and child labor, "Just". How can your answer be, "Just"? I go on a rampage with these responses and start to terrorize my neighbors with my high pitch voice and complete inability to accept his answer.  I can understand his urge to end conversations with me because I will admit I will discuss topics he has no interest in at great lengths. These topics usually include work, friends, family and how they want to destroy  me (a bit dramatic) and some other random tangents about food. I can see his face staring blankly pretending to be vaguely interested in what I have to say. When I ask what he thinks he just replies, "Just".

No comments:

Post a Comment